Thursday 15 March 2012

Questions, questions

Questions,  questions....

Here are my fun questions & answers.


1/ First Reborn doll made:
Well i actually made 2 reborns at once. A kit called Sugar and another called Erica
I must have been mad starting off with  £50 &  £60 kits. Sugar became a boy called 'Alfie' and Erica a girl called 'Bryony'.
Here they are:
Alfie

Erica

2/ Worst reborn
Freddie! This  doll  kit hated me, im sure it did. It was so problematic from start to finish. I once even slung its head on the floor in a childish 34 going  on 4 years old temper! *blush*. He gave me weeks of trouble fitting his eyes. I  have  never had an eye'd doll  kit have so much trouble getting the eyes in. The rooting gave me hell. Glueing it, everthing!! Luckily his new mummy absolutely adores him, which is good as i very nearly binned him lol.
Now i think he's kinda cute!

3/ Quickest reborn  to make
My quickest reborn was Finley. He was  reborned from a newly released  Limited edition kit called 'Jack'. He was the  first reborn i painted the hair on. He took me just 7 days to make!

4/ Longest Reborn to Make

Harry  bless him. He was a portrait baby. I never minded how long it took me to make Harry at all, i really enjoyed making him, but i felt so embarrased at how long his poor mummy was kept  waiting. If it was me id have been well cheesed off. I think he took me about 4 months+?!!!! His mummy was soo sweet and patient ;)


5/ Smallest Reborn
My smallest was two Reborns both made from the same kit. The kit was called Christina by sculptor Petra Lechner. They were both 12"  long. I loved doing this kit so much i have another  2 kits to reborn, so 4 in total!


6/ Biggest Reborn
My biggest reborns were twins Alice &  Emily. They were some of my earlier babies.
Alice & Emily were 26" tall  and wore 9-12 month size clothes. I loved them, everyone else hated them   lol.


7/ First Ethnic Reborn
My first ethnic reborn was  Trinity. Ethnic babies are incredibly hard to paint without ending up blotchy coloured or with orange tinges. I was quite pleased with her when i finished her.

8/ How many reborns do i own of my own?

Technically i have 3 finished ones  (Trinity, Alice & Emily), well in parts anyhow!!
Because i am always improving my techniques at such a fast rate i find i am a bit of a perfectionist! I cant keep a reborn as even sat in a box i start to critasize my   work and have ideas of how i could improve them. So before i know it i end up disasembling them ready to strip the paint and hair off and redo them!!! Bad  mummy that i am!
Kits wise i have about 30 waiting to be done.
 I used to  say i was giving up the hobby but id wait till until id used all my kits up first and sold them. These days i say i'll give it up after ive finished doing all my orders as well. Im lucky enough to have several orders in the pipeline  so i guess i wont be giving up  and time soon lol. My mum & hubby laugh at me and my giving up mode (its usually when  its not going right or i have artists block and is often weekly that i say it. Well it is a very  frustraiting hobby at times lol!!!).
The longest time ive 'given up properly for' was about 6 hours, in my before orders days. I actually got as far as putting all my reborn stuff in a huge box, paints, brushes, needles etc etc. The box  was so big hubby had to remove it for me. I enjoyed my  time not  being a reborn artist for the first hour,  was trawling round the reborn forums by the second hour..... and by  the 6th hour i asked poor hubby to bring it all back again lol.
Im sure he could have throttled me and my Aries  temperament!!! *blush*

9/ Work In progress
Im currently working on a memorial baby boy. Hes such a big 22" chunky fella the kit is i mean. (Libby kit by Cindy musgrove)
And am also working on a wee custom baby a 14" girl.

10/ What's  next?
Im lucky enough to have several  to do next:
A memorial baby girl
then a custom baby girl


11/ Don't bother
I once  tried sculpting. Haha  is all  i can say on that score.
The following monster 'baby' proves why the sculptors who sculpt the clay babies for kits are a lot  more talented than me!!

Here is my first attempt.  Don't say i didn't warn you! lol

and my second attempt!

Gee whizz i dont think i'll  be sculpting again in a hurry rofl!









No comments:

Post a Comment