Saturday 3 March 2012

Duh!! & Grrr!

Duh!! to me!!
Last night i did something very stupid. I rooted a whole section of hair in the wrong colour.
So  wasted time, & mohair. I'll blame my age its hard work approaching 35 you know lol!!

and for the Grr...
That goes to the person ive spent hours planning their  dream baby (dont worry i dont mean you or Emma, Lucy xx)
Ive been planning this baby for this person for ages, tons of emails to and throw. They were certain they wanted to go ahead. I had to email suppliers who were going to do me a favour holding onto kits,belly plates etc to suit this persons requirements.
All was agreed and planned, and a deposit was due to arrive on a set date. Nope nothing, no contact. So i sent a polite email asking as my supplier only had 1 of the kits left. Person makes their excuses and then says they will pay on a different  date.
Suprise suprise date comes and goes, no deposit, no contact.
I dont mind giving people free kit matching quotes (some artists charge for this as you can often spend days doing that part).
 I dont mind after that if people then decide they dont want to go ahead. But where are peoples manners, why cant  a simple honest email be sent to let me know, especially  after you have agreed the price, arranged all the details, id planned my life around doing this reborn. I try to be understanding and accomodating, so dont leave me in the dark!!
Sadly  alot of artists  find the same thing, hense why very few artists now do custom/memorial/portrait reborns  now.

I just do it as a hobby, so  at times get a bit grrrr at being a doormat.

Ive lost track of how many people who email me and ask for a free reborn  or one for £20 as well. Cheeky devils, i wonder if i walk into argos  they will give me a free 42" tv?! lol.

So i dont mean to moan, i dont mind if peoples circumstances change  but where are peoples manners?!

In contrast to that though there are mummies out there who are the total opposite and are so polite, so understanding that there isnt always an exact time frame down to the last hour of how long they take to make. And who have even been so sweet to send thank you cards, photos or suprise gifts of appreciation. Well  those ladies i could hug i really could! I don't expect to receive anything in return but it sure is a lovely and makes my day,  my week :)
Its nice to know there are still well mannered people out there :)
Well i dont mean to sound mean by moaning but there are days  out there ive seriously thought about giving this hobby  up. Other days i end up smiling from ear to  ear when i get a lovely email/card/photo,   or when i finally get to hold a reborn ive finished in my arms as if it was a real baby. Thats what keeps me going. :) :)

1 comment:

  1. awww hug hug to you, ive not been on for a few days been manic busy with moms bday and hubbys hospital appointments. Please please dont stop you have a true talent. there all always users and idiots around, some people have no manners or curtisy. but you just keep thinking about all those people you make so happy with your amazing babies :) x

    ReplyDelete